Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pride and Prejudice

I started reading Pride and Prejudice two nights ago. Actually first I started reading The Woman in White but there was an introduction followed by a second introduction and a preface to a preface. I just wasn't in the mood for all of that yet. So Pride and Prejudice it was.

There is a lot of dialogue in the book. Much more than dialogue in modern books. Maybe its just Austen's style. I can't believe for as much as I love to read and really enjoy classics as well, that I haven't read any Austen. I do have four of her books in my bookcase though.

I took the book to Noah's soccer game but it was raining and I didn't want to get the book out of my bag and risk getting it wet. It has such a pretty cover. I also have a weird thing with the condition of books. It makes me cringe when I see someone turn a page down to mark their place or, horror of horrors, fold the cover and pages of the book back to read it. It literally hurts my heart to see that. I may be a tiny bit OCD about it!

So I may be a bit slower in reading this book than I normally am. There are just so many good blogs that I've bookmarked and love to read at night. Food blogs, fashion blogs, decorating blogs...all totally pleasurable reading! And if I'm not reading blogs, there's all my cookbooks to go through. But don't worry, Mr. Darcy, I will get back to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment