Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tackling a WIWW post!

This is not on my list but, like I've said before, my list is inspiring me to try other things also! I've been taking quick pictures of myself after I've gotten dressed for the day (with my iphone and in a mirror...not the best quality!).

Lindsey, at The Pleated Poppy, started these What I Wore Wednesday (WIWW) posts as a way to keep herself accountable for getting out of yoga pants and t-shirts and trying to look presentable each day. Last year I got in a rut of wearing the same handful of clothes and hardly ever wearing jewelry. My closet and my jewelry box are full of nice things that should really be used. So I've been attempting to do that lately! And taking pictures (which feels kind of funny!). And now I am really stepping out of my comfort zone by posting the pictures and linking them to The Pleated Poppy.

This was just Saturday or Sunday at home, I think. The details: jeans and sweater: don't remember. Shirt: Ann Taylor, gift from hubby. Necklace: Kohl's.

 This was worn to lunch and shopping with a friend. Dress from Marshall's (short sleeve summer one that I added a cardigan to to make it for winter). Cardy from my mother-in-law. Necklace from Kohl's. Belt I've had forever. Black tights from Kohl's. And my favorite black riding boots that you can't see from Victoria's Secret (Colin Stuart) I bought about 3 years ago.
 This was to run errands I think. New brown skinny cords that I love from The Gap. Sweater from Kohl's. Aqua blue cami from Sam's Club. Hair flower headband from CVS. Necklace from my freshman year of high school! Seriously! I got it for the homecoming dance and never got rid of it, which I'm glad because I've worn it a lot this year!
 This picture was taken under horrible lighting by my 8-year-old daughter! This was for a Christmas party at one of my husband's co-workers. Dress, tights and blingy necklace that I love from Kohl's (I just can't resist it when they send you those 30% off coupons!). And my favorite black boots that you can kind of see in this picture!
 Don't look at the man behind the curtain! Or the woman with the hair-drying turban on her head! Seriously...post shower. Around the house on the weekend. Sweater: gift from Lands' End from my mother, shirt from The Gap, jeans I've had forever from Kohl's (they're so comfortable that I gravitate to them even though they're not my most flattering pair!). Necklace from Etsy. It's a cool red tree with a little bird beneath it.
 Christmas errands all over the place. Shirt from Lauren Conrad's line for Kohl's. Same Gap skinnies. Earrings from Target.
 More errands. I swear...there were a lot more actual events this week but it's all blurring in my mind as "errands" so far! But I can tell this wasn't an actual event because I don't have makeup on. I think this was a took-a-shower-later-in-the-day-and-put-this-on-before-the-bus-stop type of thing. Sweater: gift from my MIL. Grey shirt from Old Navy. Turquoise necklace from Kohl's. And same comfy jeans.
 Now this was today so I remember...after a marathon session at the gym, a shower, some phone calls to make, etc this was my "wrapping presents for a gazillion hours" outift and then going to a radio station tour with N's cub scout troop.  Kohl's white sweater, Old Navy black shirt, forget where jeans, necklace from a local boutique.

I don't bother taking a picture of my gym clothes, which I am in every morning, because they are...well...gym clothes. And those pictures would get boring!

Linked to The Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment