Thursday, February 23, 2012

Uh-oh!

We are almost at the six month mark, as in I am almost forty and a half, and I've only crossed 8 things off my list! How did the time fly by so quickly? It's fall and I turn 40 and then next thing I know it's almost March and 6 months have gone by. Holy moly!

We are just getting over a two week bout of sickness in my house. First my son came down with a bad stomach bug. Three days later my daughter got it. Three days after that my husband got it. And three days after that I didn't so I thought I was in the clear. But a week later and I got sick. Not as bad as the rest of the family but enough to knock me on my butt for a few days. I am sitting on the couch coughing and dreaming of maybe one day soon getting full force back into running and running a half marathon again in October.

I've also had a bit of a bout with the winter blues. I always feel a little sluggish and melancholy in February but this year it's been more pronounced. Which is funny considering we've had a mild winter. But I've not been running much this winter and I really do think that helps with seasonal sadness.

Still no snow this winter. I am going to count that day that I went in Suzanne's hot tub when it was 30 degrees out as my "hot tub during the snow" because it was cold enough to snow! Plus, we've had NO SNOW!

Camy found my clarinet the other day so I put it together and played a few notes. Felt kind of good. Of course, I don't remember any specific notes or how to read music (other than face and space and every good boy does fine!).

I'm planning on scheduling the rock climbing in a few weeks. And will really need to get on the ball with the rest of my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment